Tuesday 16 July 2013

Hey sunshine! Turn that frown upside down!

Ok, so sometimes life can get you down.
Like when you reach terminal velocity and trash your tire when suddenly you have to brake hard.
Thanks to an old link from Snobbums, Mcgyver here patched this mess with a fiver. It didn't last long, but it got us to civilization and sometimes that will do. With all of the hidden inflation happening these days, you'll want to use a fifty.


It sucks when you're minding your own business, riding your bike and someone hurls urine in your face.  Now SOME people say it's just race karma after decades of riders peeing all over anyone in the vicinity, but that was then.  This is now. I dunno about you, but I would be feeling pretty pissed if I were Mark Cavendish. And I'm sorry, but the whole thing just begs the question:  WTF was that fan doing with a bottle full of urine, anyway?  Was he a NYC taxi driver?  A long-haul trucker?  Or mayyyyyyyyybe it was Da Biebs!

Life sucked for my boy Svein last week when he crashed on day one of Da Tour because his team's bus got stuck on the finish line, but never fear.  He came in sixth in the time trials the other day anyway. 

My week sucked in its own special way, because I developed a baker's  cyst behind my left knee, which led to yet more prolotherapy for me.  Ouch.
Dr Hal is a nice enough guy,
but his needles are always a serious prick.


Sorry.  Just trying to inject a little humour into the situation.

My dance teacher used to say "Smile through your pain, girls.  Smile!"  
It's weird, but there's something in it. Smiles are almost magical.
They're contagious, too.

Do you know what makes me smile?
Yup.  You guessed it.


Naked.
I lurrrrrrrve getting naked.
It makes me happy, but that's not all.
It ALSO gives the people who see me a chance to have a laugh, too.
See?  That's whatchacall a win/win situation.

So the next time you're feeling cranky,
do something you love.


In my case that involves riding a bike and getting naked,
though not necessarily at the same time!


I'm not just pedalling smiles here...
happiness is the foundation of health and well-being.
Sure sometimes life will get you down,
but in the end the best thing you can do is grin and bare it!

7 comments:

  1. Babble, bubela, down here in Canada's inguinal hernia you are a national treasure. Don't ever change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. :D
      Thank you.
      And good for you! It takes a lot of guts to be an inguinal hernia.

      Delete
  2. Love the look of that bike, Babble.

    WRAP-FREE IS THE WAY TO BE!

    Fitting that you rode a nekkid bike to the nekkid beach to get nekkid. :)

    Ride Safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? You know how much I love shiny things.
      And nekkid things.

      Delete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Keep going to that beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laugh at you. I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete